This is an easy recipe on Sundays to prepare a delicious meal for the week. Cooking the chicken in the instant pot creates the perfect shreddable mixture for the enchiladas. The simple ingredients are easy on your budget!
Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
Servings: 12 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 10 oz cans red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 corn tortillas
- Pre-head oven to 350 degrees. Set the instant pot to sear mode. Once hot, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the instant pot and pour over 1 can of the enchilada sauce. Put the lid on and set the instant pot to 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure has been released, remove the lid and shred the chicken and return to the pot.
- Add the black olives and black beans to the pot and stir.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture to a corn tortilla and roll up. Add each enchilada seam side down to the baking pan. Spread the cheese over the corn tortillas and pour the reserved sauce over the enchiladas.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply