When I come home from work after picking up my son from daycare, I’m often too tired to cook an elaborate meal. Most times, this leads to scourging through the pantry to see what components I can use to create a delicious quick meal for the family. Here is one of my favorite, simple yet flavorful and scrumptious dishes to make on a weeknight – ready on the table in under 30 minutes.
The creaminess in the Chicken Gnocchi skillet dish is due to the combination of the silky sauce created by the gnocchi, chicken stock and juices from the bursting grape tomatoes. The fresh parmesan cheese that finishes the dish adds additional richness. This is a dish that is in my family’s weekly rotation and my picky-eater toddler gobbles up with a delightful smile on his face!
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
Easy One Pot Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Recipe is a delicious, quick, and hearty dinner the whole family loves in under 20 minutes! Garlic, parmesan, and spinach create an umami pasta dinner that is irresistible.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast (about 2 chicken breasts) diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package fresh or frozen Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick pan, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-hot heat until oil is shimmering.
- Add chicken to pan and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add Gnocchi to pan with chicken stock and grape tomatoes. Cover pan with lid and cook for 3 minutes. Remove lid and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until gnocchi is cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat and add baby spinach leaves. Toss until spinach leaves are wilted. Finish the dish with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 359
Keywords: Chicken, Gnocchi, Weeknight Dinner
Leave a Reply